REPORTS TO: Director, Social Ventures & Innovation
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
The Social Ventures team at Per Scholas is launching a new, large-scale, customized training effort and has contracted with a large US-based technology services company to train local talent for in-demand technology roles. We are a small, multi-disciplinary team seeking individuals who can ensure the success of this new initiative.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a multi-talented Instructor and Technology professional to deliver high-quality instruction to a diverse student population who are seeking to acquire skills and credentials that will prepare them for entry- to mid-level career opportunities in technology.
The Instructor must be skilled at Automation Software Testing/Quality Assurance as well as self-directed, self-motivated, and comfortable making intermediate-level decisions to adapt processes and curriculum delivery based on industry demand and class needs. We are looking for someone who is both business savvy and has technical knowledge and experience in Automation Software Testing using multiple programming languages and can develop curriculum that responds to those needs and meets the talent gaps among employers in the industry. The right candidate is able to apply industry experience to a classroom setting while identifying the skill levels of students and aligning instruction to fit students needs using multiple course materials and hands-on instruction. The Instructor collaborates with peers on working with students and works with the Managing Director to change policies and procedures, identify and develop new and relevant training, and assist with strategic planning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Deliver Per Scholas’ Quality Engineering skills training preparing students for entry-level to mid-level careers in Information Technology, which includes daily instruction, assessment administration, attendance, one-on-one tutoring, evaluation and monitoring of individual student progress daily, addressing student violations with students in a consistent manner, and more
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Social Ventures & Innovation to identify and continually evaluate and evolve the training as demand and new technologies become available.
- Work closely with Senior Manager, Partnerships to identify student needs, provide necessary support, establish individualized plans for student achievement, and participate in regular student status meetings.
- Maintain and update Salesforce with student grades, certification, scores, and progress notes.
- Provide students with insight on career tracks within the field and advise on career opportunities and types of positions that would be commensurate with their skills and credentials.
- Work with Director, Business Solutions to recommend students for particular employment opportunities.
- Create, submit and maintain training curricula for approval and files.
- Work closely with staff in other sites to ensure integrity of implementing model
- Order books, materials, vouchers for exams in advance of training.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent and 5-plus years’ IT work experience, including at least 2 years in Selenium Tester/ QA /Programming role, or an Associate’s Degree in a computer discipline with at least 5 years IT work experience, including including at least 2 years in Selenium Tester/ QA /Programming role.
- Strong team orientation — desire to be part of a national learning team and to lead the team in the areas of technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills — experience working with diverse individuals and groups with varying learning styles; experience in workforce development a plus.
- 1-2+ years of teaching experience beneficial; Experience with curriculum, syllabus development and lesson planning a plus
- Experience with student assessment; and a talent to continuously evaluate the curriculum to identify what is working and what improvements can be made.
- Programming and Testing Fundamentals: Computational Thinking, SDLC, KT and RA (Knowledge Transitions and Req Analysis), Test Design, Test Strategizing and Planning, Test Execution, Test Closure, Basics of Automation, Agile -SCRUM, TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD(Behavior Driven Development), DevOps, HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), OOPS, UML, MVC, RBT (Behavior Technician), Shift Left Testing, Water Boiling Testing, SMAC 101 (Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud), Technical Storytelling
- Databases: Oracle and MySQL
- Others: Spring MVC, JUnit, JSP, Servlets, Selenium, Cucumber, Jenkins CI, SVN and GitHub.
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You have the ability to teach in a highly interactive and hands-on style
- You have a passion for teaching others
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- You can balance multiple projects and tasks, and independently prioritize your workload.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
Why work here?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 6,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org and platformbyps.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.