WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a Manager, Career Advancement to train students in essential skills for landing a technology job and advancing in a career. You will assist students in developing collateral including resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles Coach students for two years post graduation to achieve financial goals, certification goals, and career advancement goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Curriculum & Workshop Facilitation
- Using a structured and approved curriculum, conduct 12 comprehensive sessions of career development training to prepare students for entry to mid-level jobs in the field of Information Technology. Training topics include but are not limited to: interviewing skills, resume and cover letter creation, LinkedIn profiles, job search and networking strategies, customer service training, workplace success strategies, career advancement training, financial capability training, and business communications
- As needed, facilitate remediation workshops and individual coaching sessions with students
- Conduct New Hire and Post-Hire Workshops for employed graduates
Managing Student Performance
- Provide students with on-going individual career counseling and employment preparation coaching
- Prepare student evaluations individually and in conjunction with technical instructor
- Participate in all required student progress meetings with other members of the team
- Ensure quality and timely submission of students’ resumes
- Monitor and enforce student class attendance
- Monitor and enforce all program policies to ensure compliance
- Make necessary referrals for support services and follow-up with the service providers to monitor outcomes and ensure appropriate services are provided
Alumni Advancement Coaching
- Working closely with the Business Solutions team, provide assistance to new graduates that are managing job search activities
- For two years post-graduation, provide monthly and quarterly follow-up and advancement services to both employed and unemployed alumni
- Connect program graduates with the resources necessary for them to maintain employment and advance in their careers
- Manage to process and outcome performance goals
- Conduct real-time student data entry in Salesforce.com
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in career and job development with specific experience with job readiness/life skills training
- Knowledge of workforce development with a minimum of 2 years experience in the area
- Experience in organizational training & development or learning & development preferred
- Experienced training adults (18+) a plus
- Demonstrated experience in classroom training and understanding principles of classroom management and diversity
- Google Apps and Salesforce experience a plus
- Experience in talent acquisition, staffing or recruitment preferred
- Experience in executive coaching, life coaching, or employee coaching a plus
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible workstyle. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and can learn fast.
- You are strong at managing your time and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should be able access well-paying career positions, and that talent should recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 6,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.