WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Per Scholas is seeking a dynamic, team oriented individual to serve as a Manager, Recruitment & Admissions at our Silver Spring, MD location. The right candidate will represent Per Scholas in the region to include sharing the Per Scholas history, mission, outcomes, and admissions process and requirements with prospective students and potential partners. Recruitment of prospective students will be conducted in many ways including digital channels, referral partners, and community outreach. The Manager, Recruitment and Admissions will also oversee and streamline the enrollment process in addition to retention activities for alumni. You will be integral to the student experience at Per Scholas.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Recruit viable candidates for training classes, focusing on special populations to include veterans, spouses of veterans, young adults, and women
- Track, organize, and be prepared to report on recruitment and enrollment data in Salesforce, particularly in comparison to site and organizational goals and grant deliverables
- Establish and maintain relationships at referral partner organizations to sustain a pipeline of candidates for training
- Attend networking events to increase Per Scholas’ visibility in the community
- Receive and process candidate applications, including conducting phone screens, coordinating information sessions, administering the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), scheduling and participating in face-to-face candidate interviews
- Communicate with candidates including notifying applicants of their acceptance status
- Coordinate retention activities (Meetups, networking opportunities, etc.) for specific alumni populations including women and young adults
- Conduct presentations and administer off-site information sessions as needed
- Ensure all data regarding stakeholder groups (applicants, students, volunteers, community based organizations, etc.) is accurately entered in Salesforce on a regular basis
- Work with national Digital Marketing Manager to run recruitment ads on digital channels including CareerBuilder and ensure that needed revisions to collateral materials are timely
- Make referrals to supportive services and/or alternative programs for applicants, as appropriate
- Provide telephone coverage as needed
- Coordinate class kickoffs and graduations
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Solid understanding of business needs and how to source talent to meet those needs
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel; knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines
- Prior knowledge or background in IT and a passion for technology is a plus
- Strong technical aptitude and organizational skills
- Strong follow-up skills
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You have strong interpersonal skills. You are personable, approachable, and socially engaging. You can cultivate relationships and build rapport.
- You are adept at managing your time and balancing multiple projects and tasks.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should be able access well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative, and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 6,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.