POSITION TITLE: Managing Director, Dallas, TX
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President, Program
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Managing Director (MD) leads strategic, program-focused, fundraising, community engagement and administrative success in our Dallas location. You will provide vision and leadership, fiscal responsibility and sustainability, budget authority, and program management oversight.
You will lead and develop a team, who, under your leadership, are responsible for executing and developing our programs. At Per Scholas, we operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. As Managing Director, you will take on a broad portfolio of diverse responsibilities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Serve as the Dallas site’s primary liaison with Per Scholas’ program, finance, communications, development, administration, human capital and social ventures teams
- Lead a team and facilitate regular performance management, professional development and team meetings
- Follow local and national workforce, business and tech industry trends to inform student and employer partner needs
- Using Salesforce and other platforms, ensure that all program goals are met or exceeded, including outcomes tracking and reporting
- Prepare, manage and grow the annual program budget
- Serve as the “face of Per Scholas” in Dallas, representing Per Scholas in regional meetings, conferences, panels, and media opportunities
- Develop and lead Per Scholas Dallas’s local fundraising strategy
- Generate local operating revenue through a diverse range of fundraising activities (private foundation, corporate, public and individual support)
- Partner with national fundraising team to develop grant requests and reports
- Prospect for individual, institutional and public funding
- Oversee grant management for local grants and contracts
- Develop and lead the implementation of Per Scholas Dallas’s annual operating plan
- Manage and ensure high-quality delivery of our IT Support training and workforce preparation to local residents
- Manage and ensure high-quality delivery of career development programming for Per Scholas students and alumni
- Develop and implement new training initiatives in response to local demand
- Increase local awareness of Per Scholas’ programs to targeted communities
- Expand enrollment in Per Scholas’ training
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- 5+ years of experience managing teams of strong performers to success
- Demonstrated fundraising and development success
- Demonstrated ability to build C-Suite level relationships - converting them to partnerships
- Experience fulfilling goals in ambiguous, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- An inclusive philosophy, with experience working with ethnically and socioeconomically diverse communities
- An understanding of what it takes to build a supportive, collegial work culture
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent conversational, presentation and writing skills
- Customer service orientation with an ability to build and maintain solid internal and external relationships
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible workstyle. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and can learn fast.
- You are strong at managing your time and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should be able access well-paying career positions, and that talent should recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 6,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.