WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a versatile Associate, Development to support the growth of the organization nationally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Research and identify new funding sources: corporate, foundation, government, and individual; and stay current on current funders’ grant-making priorities
- Assemble letters of interest, grant proposals, reports, acknowledgement letters, budgets and other materials that are responsive to donor guidelines.
- Research and report on individual and institutional prospects;
- Prepare donor packets – background information and marketing materials – for donor calls and visits;
- Assist with special stewardship projects and cultivation events;
- Support the fundraising activities by scheduling key meetings, coordinating agendas, and preparing materials;
- Gather information from program staff to articulate goals, activities, anticipated outcomes, successes, challenges, etc. to funders
- Maintain development calendar including upcoming deadlines for proposal, reports, follow-up.
- Coordinate with communications staff to ensure consistent language, staying “on brand” and leveraging communications opportunities
- Engage in individual donor activities including events, donor campaigns and other cultivation
- Utilize Salesforce and other development systems to record, track, and report on relevant grant and engagement activities.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Two years of grant writing or general development experience, or administrative experience, preferably within a development team or non-profit organization
- Proven research abilities, including gathering and interpreting data; funder prospecting experience desirable
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional writing, editing, and copyediting skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, both in person and on phone
- Ability to learn and manage database with confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in deadline-driven environment, working both independently and as a team member
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce and Google Apps for Business (Docs, Drive, GMail, Calendar, Chat, etc.)
- Interest in workforce development
- Experience with organizational growth and impact of scaling
- Flexibility to hire at Manager level for highly qualified candidates
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible workstyle. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are tech savvy and can learn fast.
- You are strong at managing your time and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You are comfortable working in a diverse, multicultural environment, and sensitive to and appreciate cultural differences
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should be able access well-paying career positions, and that talent should recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 6,300 individuals, helping them build lasting, life changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application! Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.