WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas seeks a Talent Management professional who will be to responsible for the organization’s most important resource – its people. You will bring communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills to ensure that the people carrying out Per Scholas’ mission are developed, trained, understood, and set up to achieve success. You possess experience in talent acquisition, training and development, organizational effectiveness, corporate culture, communication, and strategy. You have the skills and experience to create and lead the execution of a comprehensive, aligned talent management strategy to ensure that Per Scholas realizes its commitment to developing all of its team members and ensuring the organization is an outstanding place to build a career.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You will set the vision for and ensure successful execution of a comprehensive Talent Management and Organizational Culture strategy. You will focus on all aspects of the employee lifecycle: Attracting, Acquiring, Developing, Engaging, and Retaining talent. This position represents an extraordinary opportunity to impact the way the entire organization thinks about and develops talent, and subsequently impacts the experience of every Per Scholas team member. You will work closely with leaders and key staff in the organization across, Marketing, Operations, Culture, and HR to drive change, employee engagement and company pride.
Talent Acquisition (Attract & Acquire)
- Draft and promote clear and inspiring job descriptions that are consistent with the organization’s mission and message
- Cultivate, screen and assess candidates for functional expertise and culture fit
- Lead development of interview guidelines, evaluation tools, workflows, and assessment procedures to ensure that all managers are equipped with the necessary resources to hire staff
- Evaluate and utilize various recruiting channels, as appropriate, to ensure a broad and diverse candidate pool and that Per Scholas hires candidates efficiently and timely
- Coach Per Scholas hiring managers to ensure we recruit exceptional and diverse talent
Talent Development (Develop)
- Develop robust career pathways and professional development opportunities for all Per Scholas employees through strategically aligned Learning and Development Program
- Reflect Per Scholas’ core beliefs and values in developing its talent
- Define the skills needed to be a successful manager, leader and colleague at Per Scholas
- Strengthen our internal talent by training managers and leadership in skills-based communication and interpersonal competencies to facilitate:
- Regular meaningful feedback conversations
- Continuous coaching and mentoring of team members
- Employee satisfaction and retention
- Oversee and support the performance management process for team members:
- Manage staff evaluation and feedback cycles
- Develop and implement relevant individual development plans and group training programs to foster continuous improvement.
- Coordinate staff, board and/or alumni training on communication tools such as MailChimp, AdWords, and website
Cultural Leadership (Engage & Retain)
- Drive the development, management and implementation of a 3 to 5 year strategic Talent and Culture plan that will ensure Per Scholas:
- Attracts, develops, and retains the talent necessary to achieve our vision of being one of the “best places to work”
- Establishes metrics and evaluates the effectiveness of its talent management systems on an ongoing basis
- Effectively develops and implements succession planning for leadership transitions
- This will include:
- Developing and executing strategies to build a positive and effective organizational culture and employee experience
- Play a leading role in creating and executing programs to reinforce and secure the organization’s unique work, culture, and personality on a national scale
- Implement a comprehensive on-boarding process that fully introduces and integrates new staff members into the Per Scholas culture
- Lead the organization’s employee engagement and retention initiatives to increase organizational, programmatic and individual performance.
- Identify and lead opportunities to connect employees in fun, team building activities (e.g. crafting our team retreats to bolster involvement, engagement, and empathy, or celebrating teammates’ birthdays).
- Create and implement internal systems to recognize employee accomplishments and efforts
Internal Communications (Engage)
- You will work with leaders and colleagues across the company to develop and launch communication strategies that engage and inspire employees.
- Develop a holistic internal communications strategy utilizing multiple channels to disseminate information to staff in a way that is received and understood
- Strategically and accurately articulate new processes or initiatives to the organization, ensuring the alignment of expectations, goals, and roles
- Work closely with Marketing team to disseminate internal staff updates.
- Ensure that all staff, board members, and ambassadors are trained and educated on the Per Scholas brand and key messages
- Work with Technology department to ensure Intranet is reflective of the organization’s message and culture; and ensure staff engagement and use of the intranet platform
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of seven (7) years of Talent Management experience, OR a Master's degree in Business or Human Resources Management and five (5) years of experience in Talent Management.
- Related experience in talent acquisition, full lifecycle recruiting, organizational effectiveness, process engineering/reengineering, training, and strategy.
- First-hand knowledge of (preferably direct work experience in) the nonprofit / social impact sector
- Strategic relationship-builder with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and excellent written communications skills
- Professional experience using strong project management skills
- Experience using applicant tracking systems to manage recruiting information and workflows
- At least intermediate skills in Google platform or Microsoft office suite
- Experience working across functional teams
- Experience managing people a plus
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are results-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible workstyle. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are tech savvy, data-driven, and a quick learner.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills and can balance multiple projects and tasks as well as changing priorities.
- You believe in the power of people to drive our organization’s mission forward
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should be able access well-paying career positions, and that talent should recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 6,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.