POSITION TITLE: Senior Manager, Development Operations
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President, Development
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas seeks a dynamic, experienced individual to join our team as a Development Operations Senior Manager. This role will entail finding that sweet spot that balances the best of team management, writing and editing, and running systems. You’ll provide all the direction to deliver on the reports, LOI's proposal and communication to secure over $10m in funding.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead our national grant process across six sites (Atlanta, Dallas, Cincinnati, Columbus, National Capital Region and New York City).
- Manage prospect research for new sources of funding across all sites, including vetting of opportunities, and helping to convert prospects into funders.
- Direct the development team to draft, edit and submit LOIs, proposals, renewals, and reports for 100+ corporate, foundation, and government funders.
- Guide all funder requirements/requests for existing relationships and new opportunities.
- Support site Managing Directors in building strong relationships and facilitating ongoing communication with funders.
- Gather information from Managing Directors and program staff to articulate and report on project goals, activities, anticipated outcomes, successes, and challenges.
- Coordinate with fiscal and executive team to gather all required documentation, budgets, signatures, and legal forms related to funders.
- Keep Managing Directors aware of upcoming deadlines, coordinate the preparation and delivery of interim reports for existing funding, and ensure accurate budget allocation
- Generate reports on income received, income pending, pending opportunities and projected income, as well as supporting the annual budgeting process with site directors.
- Manage effective use of Salesforce for development operations. Ensure team roles are clear, data entry is accurate and efficient, and reports meaningfully support the organizational initiatives. Liaison with the Salesforce Platform Manager.
- Assist in the coordination of online fundraising efforts, including online engagement opportunities, and appeals in collaboration with the Marketing/Communications team.
- Communicate development data to senior management team in written reports as well as oral presentations.
- Lead the development team with a focus on our shared vision for the individual department and Per Scholas as a whole.
- Manage two full-time development staff and three development consultants who support all development activities with an emphasis on proposal and report writing.
- Coach team members to ensure their understanding of our vision and their roles in achieving the goals necessary to realize that vision.
- Foster a creative, entrepreneurial culture and strategy
- Provide constructive feedback and editing of development deliverables.
- Lead teammates to bring their creativity and commitment to their work, individually and collectively.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years’ fundraising experience focused on institutional giving, including 3 years linking operational and business functions to strategic objectives; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing staff and consultants.
- A keen understanding of foundation, corporate, government funding landscape.
- Experience building budgets and financial reporting.
- Demonstrable operations experience implementing and managing standard processes and systems.
- Demonstrated success in project management, including the ability to manage across diverse teams to meet all funder requirements and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven research abilities, including gathering and interpreting data.
- An ability to manage competing priorities in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible workstyle. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and can learn fast.
- You are strong at managing your time and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You have a deep understanding of database management and internal systems and how to leverage them to support achievement of team goals.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should be able access well-paying career positions, and that talent should recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
- You are detail oriented yet can deliver on broad open-ended projects in a judicious way.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 6,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your application! Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.