POSITION TITLE: Manager, Data Analytics
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Information Systems
LOCATION: Bronx, NY
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a versatile Data Analytics Manager to support the growth of the organization nationally. The Development team pursues funding from foundations, corporations, governments and individuals to support Per Scholas’ work. The Manager, Data Analytics will play a critical role in analyzing and reporting on the impact of Per Scholas’ work in various formats to meet funder needs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Stay up to date and informed on all new initiatives to perform targeted fundraising prospect research
- Support Marketing and Communications team with fundraising and cultivation events, as requested
Data Analysis & Research
- Report on Per Scholas’ impact by creating and maintaining key performance indicators
- Analyze and provide national program outcome data for grantmaking and stewardship
- Present data in tables, charts, prose or format as needed
- Gather data and prepare cyclical and ad-hoc reports, scorecards/dashboards, executive presentations and analyses on key metrics relevant to grant writing/response
- Communicate data collection changes and updates to the development team
- Perform market data research and provides up to date data and literature reviews to development team
- Identify and research new funding sources: corporate, foundation, government, and individual
- Maintain and update prospect research
Data Integrity & Operations Support
- Create and maintain reports, dashboards, and visualizations for the Development and Programs department
- Trains and onboards new staff members on data collection, reporting, and Salesforce usage
- Act as key liaison with Technology Oversight Committee to build out Salesforce tools and functionalities for Development and Programs department
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Three to five years of experience in research, data analysis or program evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with database reporting, ideally in a Salesforce database
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience using data for persuasive writing
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources, create meaningful reports that interpret that data into meaningful information, and anticipate the information needs relevant to grant writing/response processes
- Basic understanding of program evaluation, design and/or outcome management
- Proven research abilities, including gathering and interpreting data; funder prospecting experience desirable
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in deadline-driven environment, working both independently and as a team member
- Experience with Google Suite (Docs, Drive, GMail, Calendar, Chat, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Interest in workforce development, organizational growth and scaling impact
- Comfort working in a diverse, multicultural environment, and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
- You are data-driven, analytical, and results-oriented
- You are a forward-looking catalyst for social change
- You have a collaborative and flexible workstyle. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and can learn quickly
- You are strong at managing your time and can balance multiple projects and tasks
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- You can balance multiple projects and tasks, and independently prioritize your workload
- You exhibit sound judgment in decision making
- You have a desire and aptitude for taking on new and more complex tasks and projects
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should be able access well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits such as health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 6,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.