POSITION TITLE: Director, Program
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Social Ventures
LOCATION: Bronx, NYC
The Social Ventures team at Per Scholas is launching Platform by Per Scholas, a new, large scale, customized training effort and has contracted with a large US-based tech services company to train local talent for in-demand tech roles. We are a small, multi-disciplinary team seeking individuals who can ensure the success of this new initiative.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a multifaceted Director, Program to oversee day-to-day customized training initiative in the Bronx. The Director will be an important member of Social Ventures team managing 4-6+ staff, and responsible for the delivery of high quality technical and technical career development training for 400 students each year.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage a talented team to performance goals for key outcome measures including enrollment, graduation, placement, and retention.
- Directly manage admissions, career advancement, partnership engagement, and overall quality assurance. Maintain a culture of development, accountability, support, and continuous improvement for all team members.
- Develop and implement processes and accountability among all members of the team to ensure an efficient, secure, and high performing program.
- Create a positive, professional, and high quality learning environment for applicants, students, and staff. Maintain a rigorous and fair admissions process; career advancement curriculum based in significant experiential learning and business competencies; focus on helping graduates achieve career success in their fields.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other members of the Per Scholas teams and administration, including individuals responsible for program design, internal operations, technology oversight, and business solutions. Specific coordination opportunities will include new curriculum rollouts, budgeting and reporting, event planning, and others.
- Project manage the creation of an operations guide which can be easily edited and updated by all members of the team.
- Refine reporting and data analysis tools for real-time performance management as well as funder reports.
- Ensure compliance with all local and state requirements.
- Regularly engage with IT professionals at industry events, meet-ups, and other networking opportunities to increase awareness of Per Scholas, Social Ventures, and our customized training offering.
- Other special projects as requested.
- Work directly with Managing Director as part of the team responsible for the strategic direction and overall management of this customized training initiative.
- Successfully implement and iterate on customized training tracks in partnership with Director of Innovation; creating a replicable model for future expansion of customized training initiatives.
- Lead additional change management efforts as this training launches.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement and work with staff to embrace and internalize organizational and programmatic changes.
- Represent Social Ventures with our primary employer partner, funders, vendors, and supporters.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor's degree required and master’s degree in business administration, public administration or equivalent strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years of management experience. Experience should include leading diverse teams, managing to a culture of continuous improvement, delegating significant responsibilities, and promoting and developing internal talent using a strengths-based approach
- Preference for at least 3-5 years of private sector experience
- Intuitive understanding of how to source and organize data to find opportunities for program improvement and execute on those opportunities
- Significant work experience managing operational processes in team- and/or client-based environments.
- Experience in the strategic planning and execution of multiple-stakeholder initiatives, including project phases of design, budgeting, contracting, implementation, and evaluation
- Excellent communication skills and comfort presenting in small and large groups
- Proven track record of strong individual contribution while working in team-based environments
- Willingness to invest significant time in learning about tech and trends in the industry. Candidates should plan to achieve at least one entry-level IT certification within the first year.
- Expert-level knowledge of workforce development history, research, and policy; or demonstrated expertise in a complementary discipline and a willingness to invest significant time in learning
- Power User of Microsoft Excel
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are detail-oriented and can adapt to and balance shifting priorities.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented, and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible workstyle. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are strong at managing your time and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should be able access well-paying career positions, and that talent should recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy company happy hours, retreats, a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like affordable health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 6,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.