POSITION TITLE: Director, Business Solutions
LOCATION: New York
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Social Ventures
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas seeks a Director, Business Solutions to cultivate a pipeline of large, national, and international employer accounts with significant presence in New York City that are able to hire multiple Per Scholas graduates, for IT roles including Quality Engineering, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, and Business Process Automation. This role is a unique opportunity to raise awareness in the technology employer community about Per Scholas, and to build sustainable talent pipelines between employers and our graduates.
The successful candidate will have significant sales and business development experience, preferably in the technology or financial services sectors. Success in this role will be measured by achievement of enterprise level support and employment opportunities from 5-10 accounts, and meeting the team’s monthly and yearly job placement goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop a new enterprise-level employer business development strategy in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. This will include sector and occupational analysis, as well as informational interviews with existing employer partners, Per Scholas colleagues, and members of the NY advisory board
- Cross-sell other options for engagement with Per Scholas, including Social Ventures opportunities around Asset Recovery and Training and Development services.
- Manage accounts to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Analyze new trends and opportunities, within the industry, that will help you develop and maintain a strong understanding of the market and our competitors.
- Implement enterprise-level strategy with the goal of sustainably securing 5-10 employer accounts who will commit to 10 or more hires annually, across multiple business lines, with a focus on cybersecurity and web development roles. This will include a full sales cycle from networking and prospecting, through initial stage relationship management, to successfully landing and fulfilling a volume job order, with high employer satisfaction
- Build professional, working, and consultative, relationships with clients and sales channels within the NYC Metro area and nationally by developing a nuanced understanding of the unique business needs of the clients within their industry.
- Maintain real-time records in CRM (Salesforce.com) and active communication with clients
- Coordinate job orders with national-level employers in conjunction with colleagues in markets around the country
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned by the Managing Director, Social Ventures as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of 5 to 7 years of Sales or Business development experience, with a proven track record of closing multiple deals leading to repeat clients, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience presenting to senior executives (C-Level), operational managers as well as technical and non-technical staff
- Success in leading and executing the sales process with expert sales, organizational, business and professional skills
- Consultative selling and relationship management skills to drive results with clients
- Expert business knowledge to understand the business needs that drive clients to hire the types of graduates Per Scholas provides
- Track Record of excellent relationships with partners and executives
- Strong presentation, sales, negotiation, communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of key IT industry staffing trends
- Demonstrated creativity in the development of solutions to diverse customer needs, to include requirements documents, statements of work and contracts
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with excellent written, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- You are highly organized and detail oriented with ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- You are self-directed, analytical, and comfortable making decisions to adapt strategy and processes based on current conditions
- You are tech savvy and up to date with tech trends
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should be able access well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits such as health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 6,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.