LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
Per Scholas is seeking a dynamic, team-oriented individual to serve as the Associate, Admissions within our Program Operations department in the Cincinnati, OH training site.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Associate, Admissions has primary responsibility to support applicant recruitment, which includes updating the website, fielding phone calls, coordinating partner activities, attending career fairs, community events and scheduling face-to-face interviews with appropriate applicants.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Review all applications ensuring they meet enrollment criteria; disseminate these applications to sites
- Facilitate the scheduling of interviews
- Provide excellent customer service to every prospective student via phone and in person and serve as the clearinghouse related to general program inquiries, i.e. admissions, information sessions, etc.
- Design and produce regular reports in Excel and Salesforce to track, document, and measure progress
- Pursue various methods of advertising through traditional and social media (Craigslist, Career Builder, OhioMeansJobs, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Follow up with each inquiry via phone or email to provide more information and schedule a phone screen and/or interview
- Ensure website and online application are updated and accurate; serve as point of contact for website updates
- Attend career/education fairs and distribute program information to support recruitment
- Field request for public speaking opportunities
- Ensure proper usage of Salesforce and systems to ensure the most efficient storage of information and utilization of data
- Coordinate data entry into Salesforce and other data collection tools
- Become an expert on report generation and usage to inform improvements to the Admission process and selection criteria
- Ensure data integrity for all Admissions related contacts and accounts
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports, as requested
- Participate actively as a member of the Admissions team, contributing ideas and recommendations for improving processes based on your work in the above areas
- Present with a consistently positive and can-do attitude
- Communicate as “the local” Admissions department
- Provide regular feedback to sites and accept feedback from sites
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US
- Associate's Degree or higher preferred, HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and customer service skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Google platform, Excel; knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred
- Familiarity with Google (Gmail, Google Drive, etc.), Salesforce, and MS Office products.
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects
- Typing speed of 35 wpm or higher
- Experience working with low-income and diverse populations.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Previous admissions or HR recruiting experience preferred
- Prior knowledge of Per Scholas operations is a plus
- Attend job fairs and meetings with local referral partners.
- Occasional trips to headquarters office in New York City.
- Local professional development conferences or other events may be required on occasion.
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong presentation, public speaking, and writing skills.
- You are tech savvy and can learn quickly.
- You are solutions and process oriented with strong project management skills.
- You are strong at managing your time and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- You are self-directed, self-motivated, and comfortable adapting processes based on current conditions.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 6,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.