WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Per Scholas team is seeking an Associate, Events and Marketing to meet the marketing and event needs of our growing national organization. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented and creative thinker who develops and executes events and meetings that motivate others to take action. The individual deeply values the importance of what a brand conveys and is committed to ensuring that all stakeholders have a consistent experience through various touch points. The position will report to the Director, Strategic Communications and work collaboratively with the Marketing and Development teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Coordinate all external fundraising and brand-building events including event logistics, vendor and partner coordination, project management of the appropriate internal teams, guest list management, tasks and follow up plan
- Assist in coordinating internal organizational activities including onboarding, retreats, board meetings, and other stakeholder events. Responsibilities include managing travel itineraries, distributing meeting agendas, and overseeing all associated logistics
- Act as event liaison between partner organizations and leadership team to ensure that partner and sponsor event goals are met
- Support organization’s leadership when preparing for upcoming events and visits
- Identify new event opportunities in 2018 that align with department and organizational goals
- Update and maintain information for event and organizational contacts using Google Apps and Salesforce
- Ensure that the events strategy performs against defined marketing and communication goals and milestones that impact organization’s objectives and growth, regionally and nationally
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager and consultants to execute Per Scholas’ events and communications strategy. Consultants may support, among other things: graphic design, website management, data analysis, and special projects (i.e. video production)
- Collaborate closely with internal operations, development and site leaders to align events with marketing objectives.
- Ensure event brand consistency including all messaging, collateral, and social media
- In conjunction with Digital Marketing Manager, create and update collateral to support event needs
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience managing and coordinating events from concept to completion to support an organization’s mission and a growing brand.
- Track record of success working in fast-paced environments, effective time-management, meticulous attention to detail, and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, experience in email marketing campaigns, MailChimp a plus
- Occasional travel and some nights and weekends will be necessary to perform event role.
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are highly motivated, work independently while having a strong sense of ownership, and urgency.
- You are a team builder and motivator. You have the ability to manage projects from start to completion and manage team members along the way.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills, and a great listener who can connect human stories to broader organizational impact through events
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have to access well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
- You have the ability to build relationships with partners and media outlets to increase awareness of the organization and its brand.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits such as healthcare and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 7,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.