LOCATION: Bronx, NY
REPORTS TO: Manager, Information Technology
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Per Scholas is seeking a high energy, dynamic, committed, technical, and team-oriented individual to support the organization’s national IT infrastructure.
The Associate, Information Technology is responsible for IT support for the organization’s 80 plus end users, computer labs and multiple printers on an Active Directory domain. In support of these duties, the Associate, Information Technology is responsible for network security, troubleshooting network performance issues, identifying failures, recommending upgrades, patches, and applications to existing systems, and providing technical support. Must have the ability to float and provide end-user support.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- IT support for the entire organization of 80 plus end users, computer labs and multiple printers on an Active Directory domain
- Install, configure, and support the local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), and wireless local area networks (WLAN) for all Per Scholas locations.
- Manage the organization’s ticketing system on GoToAssist
- Maintain and improve network infrastructure for company headquarters and satellite sites
- Administer Windows Active Directory for organization’s headquarters and G-Suite for all users, across all locations
- Manager Meraki access points via the Cisco Dashboard
- Manage Shoretel VoIP systems
- Provide staff training as needed
- Support for other customer service issues as needed
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by manager
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, IT, Networking or related area preferred; or comparable amount of training, certification, and experience
- A minimum of 2 years IT Support or Help Desk experience
- Knowledge of standard networking protocols
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN products and routing protocols
- Knowledge of telephone systems
- Knowledge of security hardware and software
- Excellent time-management, communication, technical writing, presentation development, facilitation, and organization skills required
- Occasional travel may be required
- Windows 7, 10
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Active Directory(2008, 2012, 2016)
- Windows Image deployment(SCCM, Clonezilla, FOG)
- Android OS and iOS
- Google Apps Suite
- MS office 2010, 2016, 365
- Desktop support Level 1-2
- MDM utilizing Meraki or Google
- Intermediate network troubleshooting (DHCP, DNC)
- GoToMeeting conferencing
- VOIP phone systems (ShoreTel, Vonage, RingCentral)
- Mac OS (general knowledge)
- CompTIA A+ and/or CompTIA Network+ Certifications preferred
- Router management/troubleshooting (RIP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP)
- Switch configuration (VLAN, port configuration)
- VMware 6.0 and above (Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting)
- WLAN (Meraki)
- SIEM (Alienvault, Splunk, OSSEC)
- Sonicwall firewalls (configuration and management)
- Virtual Private Network configuration and management
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, results-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments as well as independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and can learn quickly.
- You are strong at managing your time, and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in eight cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; Newark, NJ; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 8,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.