LOCATION: Bronx, NY
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, Social Ventures
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Platform by Per Scholas (“Platform”) has an opening for a Director, Technical Instruction and Curriculum who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong training and development background. The growing Platform business requires a curriculum and content developer who will be responsible for analyzing and developing high-quality training content for information technology and career advancement learning programs offered by Platform. This key member of the Platform team will partner with the sales organization, collaborate with clients, and support the delivery of high-quality skill-based information technology training for adult students.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create innovative and engaging technology course curricula that generate revenue by meeting client needs and inspiring students with the skills necessary to succeed in the workplace.
- Conduct ongoing market research to understand evolving technology needs in specific geographic talent marketplaces.
- Collaborate with clients to deliver cutting-edge technology training curriculums including syllabus development, content creation, lesson planning, and the assessment criteria necessary to measure success.
- Assess curriculum for continuous improvement.
- Evaluate opportunities to scale learning experiences using virtual and remote technologies while maintaining training efficacy and outcomes for clients and students.
- Support new business development efforts by understanding the Platform value proposition to clients, students, and communities.
- Participate in sales calls and in-person meetings. Identity up-sell training opportunities with existing clients to help generate ongoing revenue.
- Focus on customer satisfaction for all Platform clients and third-party partners by providing proactive and responsive communication throughout engagements.
- Project manage the entire client engagement management from pre-sales support to curriculum design and ensuring proper delivery by training personnel.
- Train existing instructors in new skills.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline (or equivalent practical experience) plus a minimum of 7 years’ IT work experience, including at least:
- 2 years in developing corporate training and coding boot camp solutions,
- 2 years of experience in technical writing and content design
- 1-2 years of teaching experience with adult (18+) populations beneficial; Experience with curriculum, syllabus development, and lesson planning required
- Must be able to actually develop and write content (which will include skills-based assessments, knowledge-based assessments, and additional content related exams)
- Must have some expertise around course design and be able to develop and write a curriculum from scratch.
- Deep knowledge of required classroom equipment and tools to deliver various high-level training tracks.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize client information and requirements into sound technical solutions, clearly communicating the technical solutions in business settings.
- Should also have the ability to teach technical classes as needed.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL datastores, (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, MongoDB)
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You have the ability to teach in a highly interactive and hands-on style
- You have a passion for teaching others
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and learn new tools quickly.
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 8,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
Platform by Per Scholas, a new series of customized training tracks that put students in direct hiring pipelines with major technology employers, is an extension of the Per Scholas workforce development model. Platform students receive tuition-free hands-on training, career development resources and interview opportunities with technology employers to help take their career to the next level.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org and platformbyps.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.