LOCATION: Bronx, NY
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President, Development and Communications
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a versatile Associate, Development to support the growth of the organization nationally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide critical administrative support to a team of 10 full-time development and communications professionals and multiple consultants
- Manage gift recording, acknowledgments, and reporting, in partnership with the fiscal and communications teams
- Assemble letters of interest, grant proposals, reports, budgets, and other documentation to respond to donor guidelines
- Maintain and organize updated financial documents and attachments in Google Drive
- Record, track, and report on relevant grant and engagement activities in Salesforce and other development systems
- Manage development Salesforce instance, working with the technical team to request changes to the database, revise reports as needed and support other team members on development reporting
- Prepare monthly invoices, payment requests, and other documents for approval and submission to Fiscal
- Prepare donor packets to include background information and marketing materials for donor calls and visits
- Research and report on individual and institutional prospects
- Support the fundraising activities by coordinating agendas, ordering food, preparing materials and assisting with special events
- Coordinate with communications staff to ensure consistent language, staying “on brand” and leveraging communications opportunities
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts (or equivalent practical experience) preferred
- Two years of grant writing, general development experience, or administrative experience, preferably within a development team or non-profit organization
- Proven research abilities, including gathering and interpreting data; funder prospecting experience desirable
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional writing, editing, note-taking, and copy-editing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, both in person and on phone
- Ability to learn and manage a database with confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment, working both independently and as a team member
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce and Google Apps for Business (Docs, Drive, Gmail, Calendar, Chat, etc.)
- Interest in workforce development
- Experience with organizational growth and impact of scaling
- Flexibility to hire at Manager level for highly qualified candidates
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are tech savvy and can learn fast.
- You are strong at managing your time and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You are comfortable working in a diverse, multicultural environment, and sensitive to and appreciate cultural differences
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in eight cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; Newark, NJ; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 8,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.