LOCATION: New York, NY or Silver Spring, MD
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, Core Mission Support
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas seeks a Director, Site Operations to plan, direct and coordinate all organization’s site operations. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial and progressive mindset and will be self-motivated, driven, personable and committed to making a difference in the hearts and minds of the students we serve.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Employ general policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards to identify process improvements and manage processes to ensure compliance with our organization's audit team
- Optimize student, staff and visitor experiences in Per Scholas’ facilities by ensuring that all spaces are safe, secure, fully operational and that processes are running smoothly.
- Create a customer service culture across all Per Scholas sites
- Support SVP, Core Mission Support in lease negotiation and relationship building with key stakeholders (realtors, architects, legal counsel, property managers, and local city planners) to develop infrastructure for new sites
- Develop and maintain a national contract management system that will allow Per Scholas to log and file all contractual agreements with government agencies, corporations, and community partners
- Implement improvements to contract tools and resources, including revising templates for partnership agreements and memoranda of understanding to accelerate relationship building processes during anticipated growth
- Articulate the vision for and manage the design of a comprehensive asset management system to equip national staff members with knowledge of assets across all Per Scholas sites.
- Continually assess operational processes to diagnose operational inefficiencies and develop innovative solutions to optimize performance and resources and reduce costs, whenever feasible
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in operations management, real estate management, finance, inventory/asset management, and/or accounting
- Excellent leadership and project management skills in prioritizing evolving workstreams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate ideas and capabilities into effective and efficient initiatives
- General computer proficiency including knowledge of G-Suite of Products, Salesforce is preferred
- PMP or Six Sigma certification a plus
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and learn new tools quickly.
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 7,500 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.