POSITION TITLE: Director, Business Solutions
LOCATION: Columbus, OH
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Columbus
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas seeks a Director, Business Solutions to cultivate a pipeline of employers to hire graduates of our IT Support course. This role is a unique opportunity to raise awareness in the employer community about Per Scholas and to build sustainable talent pipelines between employers and our graduates.
The successful candidate will have strong business development and marketing experience, preferably in technology, talent acquisition, or human resources. Success in this role will be measured by the achievement of enterprise-level support and employment opportunities from a variety of accounts, and meeting the team’s monthly and yearly talent placement goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and implement an organizational-level strategy to sustainably secure employer accounts who will commit to 10 or more hires annually, across multiple business lines. This will include networking and prospecting, from initial stage relationship management to successfully landing and fulfilling a volume job order, with high employer satisfaction. Focus should be on working towards a mutually beneficial long-term partnership.
- Cross-sell additional engagement options with Per Scholas, including Customized Training opportunities, Asset Recovery, and training and development services.
- Analyze new trends and opportunities within the industry that will help you develop and maintain a strong understanding of the market and our competitors.
- Build professional, working, and consultative relationships with clients within the region and nationally by developing a nuanced understanding of the unique business needs of the clients within their industry.
- Maintain real-time records in CRM (Salesforce.com) and active communication with clients.
- Facilitate workshops and training sessions with students and alumni related to preparation for job placement or promotional opportunities.
- Provide individual career counseling and coaching sessions with students and alumni who need extra support and preparation.
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned by the Managing Director as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent practical experience)
- 5-7 years of Business Development, Talent Acquisition, Career Services, Marketing, or Human Resources experience, with a proven track record of developing sustainable partnerships with business and employers, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience presenting a value proposition to senior executives (C-Level), operational managers as well as technical and non-technical staff, both in person and by phone.
- Superb relationship management skills to drive results with clients.
- Expert business knowledge to understand the business needs that drive clients to hire Per Scholas graduates.
- Track record of excellent relationships with partners and executives.
- Strong presentation, negotiation, communication, and influencing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of key IT industry staffing trends.
- Demonstrated creativity in the development of solutions to diverse customer needs, to include requirements documents, statements of work and contracts.
- Deep experience working in or understanding of unique local community context strongly preferred
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with excellent written, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- You are a life-long learner.
- You are comfortable with the challenges of a start-up environment and work to solutions with diligence and, when needed, a sense of humor.
- You are highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- You are self-directed, analytical, and comfortable making decisions to adapt strategy and processes based on current conditions, while ready to be part of a team effort to serve and meet goals.
- You are tech savvy and up to date with tech trends.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance and welcome contributing ideas from the staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits such as healthcare and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in eight cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; Newark, NJ; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 8,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.