LOCATION: Boston, MA
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Boston
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas seeks a Director, Business Solutions to serve as the conduit for our students between our training and their employment. This individual will deliver career development instruction and coaching to students and forge relationships with employers that are committed to hiring multiple Per Scholas graduates for entry-level IT jobs. This role is a unique opportunity to raise awareness in the employer community about Per Scholas and to build sustainable diverse talent pipelines between employers and our graduates as well as train students in essential skills for beginning and advancing in their careers in technology to include building their resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, and interviewing skills.
The successful candidate will have solid business acumen, experience in business development, talent acquisition, and/or human resources, preferably in technology.
Success in this role will be measured by the achievement of employment opportunities from 5-10 accounts, and meeting the team’s monthly and yearly talent placement goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Cultivate professional, working, and consultative relationships with clients
- Develop a nuanced understanding of the unique business needs of the clients through sector and occupational analysis, and local knowledge gathering
- Create awareness of other opportunities for engagement with Per Scholas, including Asset Recovery and Customized Training.
- Implement a local strategy with a goal of sustainably securing 5-10 employer accounts who will commit to 10 or more hires annually across multiple business lines, with a focus on job placements in IT and Network Support roles.
- Actively record and track client engagements in Salesforce
- Understand employer needs and provide candidate referrals based on those needs
- Using a structured and approved curriculum, conduct regular comprehensive sessions of career development training to prepare students for entry to mid-level jobs in the field of Information Technology. Training topics include but are not limited to: interviewing skills, resume and cover letter creation, LinkedIn profiles, job search and networking strategies, customer service training, workplace success strategies, career advancement training, and business communications
- Co-facilitate new cycle and class kick-off events with Admissions Associate, helping to onboard Per Scholas students
- Provide students with ongoing individual career counseling, employment preparation coaching, and job placement support
- Monitor and enforce student class attendance and performance requirements, issuing probationary letters and dismissing students who do not meet program requirements
- Monitor and enforce all program policies to ensure compliance
- Accompany students to corporate engagement site visits, mock interviews, networking events and lunch and learns with Per Scholas employer partners
- For two years post-graduation, provide monthly and quarterly follow-up and advancement services to both employed and unemployed alumni, based on their specific needs
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned by the Managing Director, Boston, and/or Executive Vice President, National Program as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent relevant experience) and a minimum of 7 years of Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, or Business Development experience
- Experience in career and job development with specific experience with job readiness/life skills training, workforce development with a minimum of 2 years experience in the area
- Demonstrated experience in classroom training and understanding principles of classroom management and diversity
- A deep understanding of the IT talent/workforce needs and future growth trends
- Experience presenting to senior executives (C-Level), operational managers as well as technical and non-technical staff
- Consultative selling and relationship management skills to drive results with clients
- Knowledge and understanding of key IT industry staffing trends
- Knowledge of and connections within the employer landscape in the Boston Metro area
- Demonstrated creativity in the development of solutions to diverse customer needs, to include requirements documents, statements of work and contracts
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently
- You are an effective communicator with excellent written, presentation, and public speaking skills
- You are highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- You are self-directed, analytical, and comfortable making decisions to adapt strategy and processes based on current conditions
- You are tech savvy and enjoy keeping current on trends
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance and welcome contributing ideas from the staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits such as healthcare and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in eight cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; Newark, NJ: and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 7,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.