LOCATION: Bronx, NY
REPORTS TO: CFO
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas seeks a high energy, dynamic and committed individual to join the Accounting team and manage the procurement process.
We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager to be responsible for managing vendors as well as sourcing equipment, products, and services essential for our company’s operations. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for the best value products and services from the most cost-effective suppliers, and minimize expenses.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers that provide the best value products or services at the lowest cost
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary products and services
- Finalize details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear documentation of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Perform cost and scenario analysis
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- With CFO, establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance
- Negotiates optimal account/credit and terms
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers
- Works closely with point people at Per Scholas sites ensure proper supplies arrived
- Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders
- Assist with budget reconciliation
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period
- Examines bids and participates in award process
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent relevant experience) in Accounting, supply chain management, logistics or business administration, plus 3-5 years’ experience in a purchasing role
- Experience with multi-entity purchasing and intercompany allocations (including developing shared-costing methodologies)
- Centralized purchasing experience including developing/establishing procedures, policies and best practices
- Experience working collaboratively with Accounting departments
- Experience budgeting or assisting in the annual budgeting process - a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources, create reports that interpret the data into meaningful information
- Accounts payable experience preferred
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- You are strong at managing your time and can balance multiple projects and tasks
- You can balance multiple projects and tasks, and independently prioritize your workload
- You exhibit sound judgment in decision making
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 8,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.