POSITION TITLE: Manager, Recruitment & Admissions
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Boston
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Per Scholas is pleased to partner with the Boston community to launch our seventh national site that will provide our rigorous technology skills training and professional development to motivated and curious individuals in Boston who are unemployed or underemployed. We are looking for a Manager, Recruitment & Admissions to support a successful launch in Boston in early 2019.
In this role, you will cultivate a pipeline of applicants and lead the outreach and enrollment process training in our Boston market. The Manager, Recruitment & Admissions will promote Per Scholas’ mission to prospective students through community outreach, digital engagement and partnership development. As an integral component of the student experience, you will build and refine our processes, and help establish our brand as a valued and sought after IT training program in Greater Boston.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Recruitment & Admissions
- Manage a rigorous outreach and admissions process throughout its entire lifecycle, ensuring targets and benchmarks for recruitment and admissions are achieved each cycle.
- Attend networking events to increase Per Scholas’ visibility in the community to recruit prospective students with an interest and passion for careers in the IT industry.
- Conduct presentations and administer off-site information sessions.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with referral partner organizations to sustain a pipeline of candidates with a focus on mutually beneficial long-term partnerships.
- Receive and process candidate applications, including conducting phone screens, coordinating information sessions, administering the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), scheduling and participating in face-to-face candidate interviews.
- Communicate with candidates (including notifying applicants of their acceptance status) while quickly building rapport and trust.
- Make referrals to supportive services and/or alternative programs for applicants, as appropriate.
- Execute the admissions strategy and refine systems for data management and tracking.
- Ensure all data pertaining to stakeholder groups (applicants, students, volunteers, community-based organizations, etc.) is accurately entered into Salesforce in a consistent and timely manner.
- Use Salesforce to track and interpret analytics in order to strategically focus time and resources.
- Design and produce reports to track, document, and measure progress and outcomes.
- Organize and be prepared to report on recruitment and enrollment data in Salesforce, particularly in comparison to site and organizational goals and grant deliverables.
- Think strategically to recognize data and trends and suggest improvements in a start-up environment.
- Work with national Digital Marketing Manager to run recruitment ads on digital channels including CareerBuilder and ensure that needed revisions to collateral materials are timely.
- Participate in staff meetings and training.
- Provide telephone coverage as needed.
- Coordinate class kickoffs and graduations.
- Work cross-functionally with a willingness to “get things done” while promoting a collaborative work environment.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Managing Director.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent practical experience). Experience in admissions in a nonprofit or college environment a plus.
- Strong technical aptitude (Google Sheets/Excel, Slides/PowerPoint,, Salesforce etc), project management, and organizational skills with detailed follow-through abilities.
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Solid understanding of business needs and how to source talent to meet those needs.
- Strong evaluation and data management skills.
- Experience with social media marketing a plus.
- Prior knowledge or background in IT (if minimal, a desire and willingness to learn what’s needed) and a passion for technology is a plus.
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are a life-long learner.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and learn new tools quickly.
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational management skills.
- You have strong public speaking and interpersonal skills. You are a motivator who is personable, approachable, and socially engaging. You can cultivate relationships and build rapport quickly and authentically with people from a variety of professional and cultural backgrounds.
- You are adept at managing your time and balancing multiple projects and tasks.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 8,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application! Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.