POSITION TITLE: Managing Director, Cincinnati
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President, Program
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Since 2014, Greater Cincinnati has successfully trained over 400 individuals for entry-level careers in the IT sector. We are currently searching for a Managing Director (MD) to lead fundraising, community engagement, and program strategy to achieve success in the region. You will provide vision and leadership, fiscal responsibility and sustainability, budget oversight, and program management oversight.
You will lead a team to execute and advance our IT training program and have the opportunity to shape an innovative workforce development approach in the Greater Cincinnati region.
To view our responses to frequently asked questions about this role, please click here.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Fundraising & Business Development
- Serve as the “face of Per Scholas” in Greater Cincinnati, representing Per Scholas in regional meetings, conferences, panels, and media opportunities
- Develop and lead Per Scholas Cincinnati's local fundraising strategy with support from the national development team
- Prospect for and generate local operating revenue through a diverse range of fundraising activities targeted at individual, institutional, and public sources
- Partner with national development team to generate grant requests and reports
- Oversee grant management for local grants and contracts
- With the support of the national program team, develop and lead the implementation of Per Scholas Cincinnati’s annual operating plan
- Ensure high-quality delivery of our IT training to new Per Scholas students and alumni
- Develop and implement new training initiatives in response to local demand
- Cultivate a pipeline of employers in the Cincinnati community to invest in customized training
- Increase awareness of Per Scholas’ program to targeted communities
- Expand enrollment in Per Scholas’ training
- Serve as the Cincinnati site’s primary liaison with Per Scholas’ program, finance, communications, development, administration, human capital, and social ventures teams
- Lead a team of four and facilitate regular performance management, professional development, and team meetings
- Follow local and national workforce, business, and tech industry trends to inform student and employer partner needs
- Ensure that all program goals are met or exceeded, including outcomes tracking and reporting using Salesforce and other platforms
- Prepare, manage, and grow the annual program budget
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant professional experience, and bachelor’s degree (or equivalent related experience) including:
- 5-7 years’ institutional fundraising experience
- 5-7 years managing teams of strong performers to success
- Experience deploying a replicable process/methodology in a new site
- Experience in workforce development a plus
- Experience in talent acquisition or human resources a plus
- A keen understanding of foundation, corporate, and government funding landscape in the Greater Cincinnati area with demonstrated fundraising and development success
- Past success linking operational and business functions to strategic objectives
- Demonstrated ability to build C-level relationships and convert them to partnerships
- Experience fulfilling goals in ambiguous, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- An inclusive philosophy with experience working with ethnically and socioeconomically diverse communities
- An understanding of what it takes to build a supportive, collaborative work culture
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate and effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent conversational, public speaking, presentation, and writing skills
- Customer service orientation with an ability to build and maintain solid internal and external relationships
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
- You are a data-driven, results-oriented and forward-looking catalyst for social change
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style; you’re excited to work both cross-functionally with other departments and independently
- You are tech savvy and learn quickly
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying careers, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits such as healthcare and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 7,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application! Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.