LOCATION: Newark, NJ and New York, NY
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement, Newark & NY
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a Senior Associate, Corporate Engagement to focus on engaging corporate and business professionals as volunteers to support our mission, and ensure that our corporate volunteer needs are met.
As Per Scholas continues to expand, this position is critical to growing our awareness and engagement of businesses with technology departments in an effort to maintain our relevance and commitment to being a technology staffing solution for small, medium and large businesses. To grow our program and organization, we need the help of a smart, committed and self-starting individual to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced team which already performs at a high level.
This role calls for excellent communication skills with vital business partners, as well as strong detail orientation to execute seamless professional engagements between Per Scholas and our partners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and implement strategies to engage over 200 volunteers each year for networking, interview, career development, job shadowing, and mentorship opportunities for students
- Maintain a high-performance corporate volunteer program and grow the program substantially over the next 2-3 years.
- Work with business partners to design and develop ways to support volunteerism at Per Scholas by recruiting technology professionals as mentors, mock interviewers, resume reviewers and guest speakers.
- Ensure that all volunteers are educated about Per Scholas’ mission and are properly and promptly acknowledged
- Cultivate new and manage existing volunteer relationships through involvement in various volunteer opportunities
- Prepare Per Scholas’ students for interaction with a broad range of corporate volunteers
- Collect feedback and recommend program changes to ensure success
- Create and implement solutions that will deepen the engagement of all volunteers
- Schedule and coordinate events with volunteer partners and internal staff
- Ensure that all volunteer partners are prepared with all relevant information and materials needed
- Set and drive volunteer event timelines. Manage schedules, event space, and volunteers.
- Work with and convert existing business partners who have engaged with Per Scholas in the past to “cross-sell” volunteer opportunities.
- Ensure that all reporting, data entry and follow up items are executed with precision and in a timely fashion
- Address additional tasks and projects as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Associates degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 1 to 2 years of professional experience in volunteer coordination, business development, relationship management, or similar area preferred
- Project management experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing multiple programmatic events with overlapping deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage a large volume of multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to build relationships and collaborate with others
- Experience presenting to and interacting with large groups on a regular basis
- Experience developing creative solutions to diverse customer needs
- Ability to work after hours when needed
- Demonstrated experience in using Google Apps (GDocs, Spreadsheets, Slides, Gmail) and Salesforce strongly preferred
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral, written, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- You are tech savvy and learn new tools quickly.
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 8,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.