LOCATION: New York, NY -- Various with flexibility
REPORTS TO: Director, Strategic Communications
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Per Scholas is seeking a full-time Manager, Content Marketing to join our Marketing and Communications team. This individual will contribute to raising Per Scholas’ brand awareness, leading content development and management to support Per Scholas’ digital, fundraising, and press strategies as well as to elevate Per Scholas’ national and regional presence. The Content Marketing Manager is an organized, creative, and driven individual who enjoys working collaboratively with a team and across departments. This position will work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop meaningful narratives that connect with audiences including prospective students, employer partners, funders and media outlets.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Content Strategy, Development, and Management
- Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure that content strategy, development, and distribution align with defined goals and milestones that impact department and organizational objectives
- Source, conduct interviewsfor, and write stories that illustrate Per Scholas’ impact on students, as well as highlight partnerships with employers, funders, and community members across all Per Scholas Sites
- Write clean, concise, well-polished copy aligned with organizational branding standards
- Be the gatekeeper for all content - ensuring all content is proofread, consistent with branding and messaging, approved, and relevant before posting
- Develop tailored messaging to support departments’ specific needs and goals
- Evaluate relevant news, data, and industry trends to build strategies to elevate Per Scholas as a thought leader in workforce development, technology training, and community development
- Produce the monthly digital newsletter providing programmatic updates to over 12,000 constituents
- Develop and manage a comprehensive database of content categorized to target specific needs and audiences
- Track content performance across multiple channels, report and communicate key learnings and optimize approach based on findings
- Be the organization’s point person for social media platform management
- Develop, maintain, and implement a monthly strategic content calendar, in addition to ad-hoc content to complement pre-planned posts
Generate quarterly reports on social analytics as they relate to departmental and organizational goals
- Enhance and expand Per Scholas’ brand across appropriate social media communities including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube
- Participate in real time community conversations on behalf of Per Scholas
- Generate inbound traffic and encourage social dialogue among Per Scholas employer partners, graduates, students, and staff
- Provide insights gained from social community interactions to
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent practical experience) in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or relevant field required
- 3-5 years experience in communications, marketing, copywriting, advertising, or social media
Design skills with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator a plus
Familiarity with SalesForce a plus
- Exceptional persuasive and creative writing and editing/proofreading skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our organization’s various types of content to appeal to targeted audiences
- Understanding of the social media universe, including experience with both running ads and creating content for the following platforms: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Solid project management skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands and manage multiple workstreams in a fast-paced environment
- Design skills with Google
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented, and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are a creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions
- You are an active listener and able to connect with people from a broad range of backgrounds
- You are tech savvy and learn quickly.
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 8,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.