LOCATION: Flexible -- Any Current Per Scholas Training Site
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas seeks a Senior Director, National Expansion to provide overall leadership for Per Scholas’ expansion initiatives. Recent trends suggest that Per Scholas has the potential to, at a minimum, double the number of students served in the next 2-3 years through existing and new market growth. With national interest in Per Scholas’ innovative model, many cities are expressing interest in bringing Per Scholas to their communities. The Senior Director, National Expansion will be integral in assessing market viability and sustainability.
This role will perform relevant research, feasibility analysis, partner development, and secure seed funding and/or contracts needed to launch and scale successfully.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Macro-level evaluation of market:
- Evaluate technology employment opportunities, local funding, competition, community need, and potential partnerships
- Lead preliminary discussions with key local constituents: funders, employers, nonprofits, and government leaders
- Collect and evaluate relevant data against market criteria to determine the likelihood of success in a target city
- Identify and meet with local funders and investors to assess interest in providing seed capital and/or sustaining support
Build relationships in prospective markets with:
- Government leaders, elected officials, and relevant municipal staff members to ascertain how Per Scholas can serve as a partner in achieving outcomes critical to the vibrancy of their community (economy, jobs, diversity)
- Employers to understand their technology talent needs, inform the best engagement strategy, and determine the technology training tracks most relevant for the local market
- Associations: Chambers of Commerce, Workforce Investment Boards (WIBs), etc.
- Nonprofits and other partners for referrals to candidate pipeline of candidates and related support services
- Colleges and universities to determine partnership opportunities
- Network with local influencers to set the foundation for creation and of a local advisory board and local team
- Prospect for individual, institutional, and public funding
- With development team, create proposals for local funders/investors
- Identify space and negotiate lease agreements in partnership with SVP, Core Mission Support
- Secure seed capital to support launch — $2M over 3 years
- Develop replicable plan to include key elements of a successful transition
- In partnership with communications team, formulate and implement communications plan to create awareness of Per Scholas brand in the local market and recruit high-quality local talent
- Manage the transition to local Managing Director
- With local Managing Director, recruit and interview prospective students, and launch initial classes
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) required. Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related strongly preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years relevant work experience including a minimum of 3 years public interest (nonprofit, B Corp and/or similar mission-driven) and/or workforce development
- Knowledge of the structures and dynamics of city and state governments
- Demonstrated experience securing funding to support new projects/initiatives
- A keen understanding of the dynamics of foundation, corporate, and government funding with demonstrated fundraising and development success
- Experience in the strategic planning and execution of multiple-stakeholder initiatives, including project design, budgeting, contracting, implementation, and evaluation, as well as linking operational and business functions to strategic objectives
- Excellent communication skills and comfort presenting in small and large groups
- Proven track record of effective individual contribution while working in team-based environments
- Willingness to invest significant time in learning about tech and trends in the industry
- Experience using strong analytical skills and data to drive decision-making
- Knowledge of workforce development history, research, and policy; or demonstrated expertise in a complementary discipline and a willingness to invest significant time in learning
- Experience developing, managing, and implementing projects, plans, and processes
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills
- You are strong at managing your time, and you can balance multiple projects and tasks
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 7,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org and platformbyps.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.